The Men.opur shot was definitely Subq and not IM like I had thought. Phew! When the nurse told me the location to give this shot my mind instantly went to IM and I freaked out -internally of course! After I hung up with the nurse we looked through our box of goodies and looked at the needle size she said to use (either 1/2 or 5/8) and JT said that was not long enough to be IM. Regardless I still tweeted and asked questions and everyone responded with it being subq... hmm that made me wonder some more. Duh, I should have realized this buuut it's the first time we're going through this so I didn't know.
When JT put the mixture together and screwed on the tip and I saw that it was the same size of the Gon.al-F needle I felt relieved. The relief only lasted so long because then I saw the amount of liquid that was supposed to go into my backside. We were in the kitchen and I leaned against the fridge while he put the needle in. It took awhile as he pushed the plunger down slowly. There was some burning and after there was some aching in the area. I massaged it and stretched and had to do this for the next 20 or so minutes.
I also started drinking Gatorade. I'm drinking as much water as I can but I still don't feel like it's enough because when I go to the bathroom (TMI coming) it's a darker yellow. I'm hoping the Gatorade will replenish my body and also keep the bloating that is soon to come at bay.
I go in Tuesday for blood work and ultrasound. We'll see what's coming next!
I was so thirsty throughout my IVF cycle. It was not a side effect I was prepared for!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad your shot was easier than expected. Good luck on Tuesday! I'm looking forward to lots of good news in the coming weeks.
I'm glad to know that since I'm going to be starting my first cycle in another month!
DeleteHooray for subQ shots! I'm glad it went well. Being proactive about the hydration is smart. I made the mistake of not hopping on this sooner and hurt for it later.
ReplyDeleteYou are a total inspiration! You're doing an amazing job taking care of yourself!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that they aren't IM. I am curious why they are having you do them in the bum though. Menopur does tend to sting a little, so that sounds normal.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
I was told to drink a minimum of 1 ounce of water per inch of height and possibly double that amount if the urine is still dark in color. Good luck on the stims. I hope you get lots of follicles!
ReplyDelete