I have this calendar that I write things on when the nurse calls. I keep track of the dosage and what meds in each box and write in when my next monitoring appointment is.
My husband was away for work last Wednesday when I had a monitoring appointment and they dropped my Lup.ron from 10 to 5. I wrote it on the calendar and I specifically remember telling him on the phone.
He hasn't had to give me the Lup.ron shot for almost a week and yesterday and today he gave them to me while I was still in bed. This morning when I was pushing in the dose it seemed much more than 5 and so I turned and said "This is 5 right?" He looked confused and said "No, it's 10." I then reminded him that they changed my dose, that I told him, and I wrote it on our calendar, which is on top of the microwave...
So this means yesterday I also got a dose of 10 units instead of 5. I'm trying hard to not be mad at my husband because it was an honest mistake on his part. He says he really doesn't remember me telling him about the change because he was away on work and had other things on his mind... But, this is exactly why I write everything on the calendar and why he should check it now and again. It is hard to keep track of everything.
So, now I have to call the RE and tell them I've been given the wrong dose for 2 days. I hope it doesn't mess things up too badly. I'm sure it won't, but I'm annoyed that things just can't go smoothly. I feel like I should know this by now... that things never work out according to plan but somehow, in the back of mind, I feel like one day things should click and just work the way we want them to because we have had so many months where they don't work out and I figure we're due for a change by now, but of course the universe is here to remind me whose boss. (wow, that's a long sentence.)
Of course I don't know, but I wouldn't worry too much. It makes sense to me that it would be more of a problem if you were getting too little Lupron (since it's preventing you from ovulating too soon). Hopefully you won't have to wait all day to hear from your RE. Take care!
ReplyDeleteIt should be ok, the lupron just keeps you from ovulating, my dose was always 20 then 10 so I don't think it will be a big deal. But I would freak out too, I hate stupid screw ups with meds!!! I think it won't change things at all. Not like screwing up stims!
ReplyDeleteChecking in is a good idea, but I agree with millionbabysteps that it's probably not a big deal. It may mean that you're a little short on medication, but your clinic should be able to help you out with this. Take care and hang in there!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure it's fine, but I can understand why you are frustrating. We are paying so much for this chance and there is so much at stake, you just want everthing to be perfect. That's why I always mix/draw the meds myself. I don't trust anyone but me. ;)
ReplyDeleteI can totally get why you'd be frustrated. I think I"d feel the same way. I hope your RE gets back to you soon and confirms that this wasn't too big a deal. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteA tip for you - whenever my husband had to give me any shots I *always* did all of the shot preparation first. Then all he would have to do is stick it in! Our hubby's are great but not always as good at the details as we are!
ReplyDeleteIt should be okay but make sure that you call your clinic to verify.
ReplyDelete