Day 1- (Thank you EndoJourney for this set up)
The Shot: We were told do to our shot between 6 and 8 pm. We decided to do 7pm consistently every night.
After viewing the video and laying out all of our supplies on the kitchen counter we were ready to begin... only we weren't. The pen was a lot harder to move around than we thought it would be. You have to turn a dial one way, pull out the white tube and make sure everything is lined up. We were getting frustrated and overwhelmed... of course. So I viewed the online video again while JT read the directions that came with the injections once more. We finally figured it out and after about 20 minutes we were ready. Then hubs got to stab me. :)
How did it feel? It pinched more than I thought it would. I guess thinking about my stomach I imagined it being more cushy and less sensitive... dumb, but whatever. Once it was in and we held it there for 5 seconds it was as if we didn't even do anything.
Side effects: Not much bleeding and I didn't feel anything once we were done with the shot. However, about 20 minutes later I felt twinging in my abdomen... almost like something was going on in my ovaries... hmmm?
Limitations: None.
Day 2
The Shot: After last night JT knew exactly what to do. He set up everything on our counter again and called me in for my shot. I love that he does them for me. I enjoy having him a part of this process because I'm doing so much for my body and all we really need from his body is the man juice. I think he really likes being a part of the process too.
Today went way better than last night!
How did it feel? JT injected the shot on the left side tonight. While we waited the 5 seconds it felt like forever and I could feel the needle moving around. I need to remind JT to have a steady hand tonight!
Side effects: A little more bleeding than yesterday, but not much. Just like last night, about 20 minutes later I felt twinging in my abdomen. Today the injection site felt sore.
Limitations: None.
Glad the shot wasn't too bad. That's my biggest worry! I'm so glad I found your blog. I'm a month behind you, getting ready for my first IUI, so it's nice to be able to read about what I'll be in for!
ReplyDeleteSo great the shots are working out well for you! I totally remember the twinging immediately afterwards. Good things are happening. :) Good luck with your appointment!!
ReplyDeleteLove this set up!
ReplyDelete