Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Day We Had Our IUI

I was happy to have been able to sleep in a little bit and have a nice big breakfast prior to leaving for our appointment.  We have to drive about an hour so we left at 9:45 to be there for 10:45.  JT's appointment was for 11.  I'd rather be early than stressing out because we were late.

First, we walk into the wrong office.... once we get where we need to be the lady takes our info and lets them know JT is there.  At 11 they take him and I am left to sit and read on my Kindle.  During this time a couple of men come in and wait for their wives and then they are taken back to see their wives.  I'm not sure what they had going on, but I have to admit I was kind of curious.

JT comes back and we are sitting and waiting because we'd rather just stay put then head out and be watching the clock.  He reads the paper, I continue to read my book and occasionally stop and stare at him and thank my lucky stars for having him as my husband.  He is just so amazing and has been throughout this whole process.  Last night I came home from my yoga session to a beautiful dinner ready on the table.  He even lit a candle! It was so sweet!

It is finally 11:55 and I'm ready to go... only they don't call me back.  I don't see a nurse in sight.  Another couple comes in, checks in and sits down.  It is strange being in a waiting room with other couples going through the same kind of thing.  I don't know why.  It should be comforting, knowing that we aren't alone, but it seems strange, just knowing how private a situation it is.

At 12 pm there is still no one calling me in.  The lady at the desk just sits and stares at her computer screen and doesn't say a word.  Finally, after what seems like forever, some nurses come and call my name at 12:15.  JT comes back with me and we head into the room.  The nurses are about my age and that seems weird too... knowing that they'll be all up in my business.  I should be used to everyone seeing my lady parts, but for some reason I am all of a sudden self conscience.  Thankfully, it only lasts a minute and my mind is on to the next thing.

They tell us that JT produced a 195 million sperm sample and I am very excited about that!  They check my follies and we are good to go!  It was just like a pap, like everyone said it would be- from what I read.  Once they put the line in through my cervix I could feel the sensation of the sperm being injected into my uterus. JT held my hand the entire time. Then, they were done! It was so quick.

They had me lie there for 10 minutes, on the table.  I enjoyed staring at my lucky socks and then the ceiling and then JT. After that we went out to lunch to celebrate.  I started to feel really bloated and huge.  I noticed a few twinges here and there and some light cramping.  As I type this I still feel the same.

I go in 12/27 for my Beta.  Tonight I start progesterone suppositories.  Then tomorrow I'll start doing the morning dose, so I'll have two a day.  I hope this 2ww goes by quickly!

6 comments:

  1. I am glad it wasn't too stressful and seemed to go smoothly! I am hoping wonderful things for you!!!! Thank you for sharing your journey! I am learning so much from you and EndoJourney! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted you to know I am rooting for you big time! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!!! Wishing you lots of positive thoughts while you wait this out. Best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Good luck!!! I can't wait to hear how things progress.

    MissC

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you!! Keep us posted on how you do. Welcome to the 2ww cycle buddy!! *big hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really hope this works for you. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your kind words! xo