Monday, April 23, 2012

Wondering what a carefree pregnancy feels like....

I caught myself wondering, once again, what it might feel like to get pregnant relatively quickly after trying and to never have any complications.. you know, that naive person you and I used to be at the beginning of all this...

I wonder how exciting appointments must have been and how the different symptoms and body changes would be such a great change.  For me, appointments cause anxiety because I'm left wondering the days prior to if things will still look good.  Any symptom or body change makes me wonder if things are going as they should.  The questions, the doubt, always there in the back of my mind. 

On Friday I had to go get blood work done for my OB- 5 vials of blood to be exact.  It would ave been 7 but I already had 2 of them done with my RE clinic, in fact chances are I had all the blood work done before, but whatever! I'm not afraid of needles and don't mind getting blood drawn, I typically donate blood when I can.  Anyway, I got to the hospital, where they would do the blood work and I had to wait for what felt like forever.  I was out of there in about 45 minutes.  I'm so used to the in and out with my clinic.  If I had blood work to be done and there was no one in front of me I could literally be in and out in 5 minutes!  I was saying on Twitter that I need to change my mindset from the quick, specialized care, to the way care used to be before this.

Other than still processing everything I'm feeling pretty good.  I do have a lot more joint aches and pains than I would like, mostly at night, which makes it so hard to sleep.  We have an appointment tomorrow morning so I'm hoping to get some more information and something to help me out with the pain.

Happy ICLW!

8 comments:

  1. I hope you get something for the pain but otherwise it sounds like everything is on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish we could all be naive to the anxiety that comes with IF. I want for you to be excited about every symptom and change in your body. Well, maybe not the aches and pains. I hope tomorrow's appointment goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is hard after all the disappointments to just accept the reality and revel in the pregnancy ...hope u feel better and congrats.
    here from iclw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I'm a first time visitor. Congratulations! I hope everything continues to go well. :) Happy ICLW.

    Very best wishes,

    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we all wish for a care free pregnancy. Hope you can take something for the pain soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately this is not something that any of us will know but I hope that with each passing week and milestone you will begin to have more and more moments of carefreeness. You both have done so much to get here, you deserve all the happiness and joy in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish none of us had to have these kinds of worries. It's not fair after all we went through to have pregnancy become this mine field of emotion. You are doing well. Just keep doing whatever you need to in order to be joyful. Find ways to be calm and take in every good moment you can. You can be stressed out in between. :)
    Thinking of you and hoping you find some things to help with the ligament pain - that hurts a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First time visitor via ICLW. I think all of us are in the same boat. IF changes you forever, even if its just one round of clomid that is required to get you there, or numerous rounds of IVF. We are all changed because of the journey we have been through. I hope everything continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your kind words! xo