Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Trying so hard to keep up

It is so hard to keep up with things these days between Facebook and Twitter and Blogging and Instagram and oh my so much social media.  I'm barely keeping up with my work day and once I get home I am just beat down tired. Exhausted is more like it.  I'm glad to be exhausted, don't get me wrong but I'm struggling to keep up with the groups of people who helped carry me through this difficult time (you all, and twitter friends) and trying to create new bonds with those women who are pregnant (the bu.mp) I like to read what others are going through and then I know that I'm ok and that things are going as they should. I also want to keep up with you all and cheer you on and celebrate when you reach success!

It's so hard to merge the world of who I was before IF, who I became during IF, and who I am today.  Can you even merge them, or do you just become a whole new person? I'm not sure.  All I know is that I feel like I'm doing a bad job keeping up with you all.  I don't want to just up and leave because we got our BFP.  I'm doing my best and we all know that is all you can do. Hugs to all.

13 comments:

  1. You are doing a FINE job! I can't imagine how hard it is to juggle all that while exhausted from baby baking. Don't pressure yourself - do what you can and know your loyal readers will stand by you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right?!? I have instagram but am not sure what I'm supposed to do. Hah! Just take pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The realistic truth is things change after achieving pregnancy verses trying. I find that right now as suffering through cycles, I have alot of time to post blogs and try to get support. I have also been on the otherside and been pregnant. You are really tired and sick and your brain isnt functioning properly. I think it is an unwritten rule that when you graduate to the otherside things change. I personally think that is a good thing. All of my fellow pregnant bloggers definitely post less then they used to. Completely understandable. Just take time for yourself and baby. Everything else will fall into place :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is something that all IFers who finally get pregnant struggle with. Do what you can, when you can. And nobody will fault you for not being more involved. You are embarking on a new journey, but you don't want to forget the struggle or the support that got you to the new journey. I think just by you posting this, you have said enough. It's hard, no matter what part of the path you are on. We are all very excited for you and hope to continue to hear good, positive news about you and baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally I can't stand the bump and many of the other pregnancy communities. I want to connect, but I just can't relate to the giddy "Which Facebook annoucement would be the cutest?" because all I read is "Which Facebook annoucnement would break the most IF hearts and send a non pregnant me into a red wine accompanied spiral to Adele songs?"

    That said, I think the answer is to do what works best for YOU. Go where you need support and can find the support you need at that moment, whatever that is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you said it yourself. You're doing your best and that's all you can do! I think after everything you've been through and knowing where you are today, you've probably become a different person with hints and pieces of who you were at different parts of the journey. I can imagine that must be disorienting but I hope it can also be exciting for you to re-learn about yourself and your growing family. :) Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try not to feel guilty when you can't spend as much time as you'd like with all electronic facets of your life. Right now you just need to take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please let yourself rest, my dear! We can all understand being tired, and while part of being in this community is reading the blogs of others, a big part of it is sharing your story, which you do so well.

    I hear that your energy can return in the second semester, and in the meantime, please take care of yourself first!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We understand. Now is the time for you and your growing family. I am grateful you are sticking around so we can still support you, but if you need to nap instead of blog, do it!
    I would love to see a bump pic if you get a chance though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Be gentle on yourself... and look after you and bub :) We'll all be here, no matter what and completely understand :)) Thinking of you and I’ve nominated you for a ‘One Lovely Blog’ Award via http://newyearmum.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/one-lovely-blog-award.html xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is hard to keep up, but it sounds like your instincts are telling you it's time to gift yourself with some 'you' time so that you can give yourself what you need and enjoy your precious experience and without guilt. We are always here to support you when you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a LOT of trouble keeping up these days. I feel pulled in a bunch of different directions in real life and online. I want to keep up blogging because so many other blogs have helped me.

    I feel like a version of myself after infertility and miscarriage(s), if that makes sense. Like I'm not a whole new person, but I'm me with a whole new component that makes up a large part of who I am now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what we need is one program that will update EVERYTHING ... I know that Tweetdeck does Twitter and FB ...

    I know that my innocents shattered after my first miscarriage, I was no longer naive in the TTC world and everything would be a struggle from there out... 14 miscarriages and many years TTC and dealing with infertility is no fun and it takes a toll on you...

    Perusing your blog via ICLW (#86)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your kind words! xo