Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Answer

As you've probably noticed I've been avoiding blogging her for a little bit.  It's because we got our BFP and I had shared this blog with someone really close to me. I didn't want a blog post to be the way they found out about our fantastic news.  We found out on St. Patrick's Day. Which also happens to be my husband's birthday.  It was an amazing day and we've kept our news our little secret for a week.  It was nice to have something of our own since the whole IF journey has so many others involved- the doctors and nurses and who knows who else.

It was so hard for me to keep this from you for what feels like so long because you've been such a huge support to me. Rooting me on when we were doing well and picking me up when I fell flat on my face.  I cannot find the words to express to you the true feeling of gratefulness I have when I think about all of you and what you've done, brought to me, and taught me.  I understand if you'd like to stop following my blog.  Of course, we aren't out of the woods yet. It is still early, and we are only 5 weeks.  We have yet to have an ultrasound.  But, I know the sting, the punch in the gut, the feeling when the air leaves your body and you're left feeling defeated.  I've had that feeling for far too long.  So I completely understand if you can no longer be a part of this blog.

For those of you who like numbers my first Beta was 79 and my second 48 hours later was 193.  I go back in for blood work tomorrow and I'm not sure what will come after that.  They've upped my thyroid medicine from 50 to 75. I'm so glad they keep a close eye on that. We are still doing the PIO shots and I'm still taking Estrace.   I actually POAS Thursday 3/15 and we got a faint line.  I couldn't believe it.  It gave me so much hope and each day the lines got darker and darker.  I confess that I'll still pee on a stick every other day. :)

We graduate from our RE at week 8.  It will be so weird and I'm feeling nervous about it because we've had such great monitoring I'm not sure what it's going to feel like to be with a regular OB. The mindset of an IF women definitely doesn't leave you once you get that BFP you've been waiting for.  I'm looking forward to being able to write some more about the thoughts I've been having during this past week.

Thank you for all the well wishes! I appreciate it!

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations! So fantastic, hope it is easy and perfect from here on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this wonderful! I am so happy that you finally got what you have worked so hard for! I fully intend on continuing to follow you and hear all about your journey to motherhood! I know you may feel like you will lose followers, but we all, as fellow IF fighters, know the yearning to get a BFP and I will continue to support you! Congrats again! You definitely deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such great news! Congratulations!! I look forward to reading all about your pregnancy as it progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! That's awesome news!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've already told you, but I'll tell you again...I'm so happy for you. They finally called your number my friend. Good luck and here's to a healthy and happy pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! Of course I'll keep following along through your pregnancy, and I hope it's easy and uneventful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I'm so happy for you. Hope you have a smooth prenancy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! That's fantastic news! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats again. Very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your kind words! xo