Thank you all for your sweet comments on my post yesterday. I appreciate it more than you know! I do know I need to take it one day at a time but my mind disagrees in the darkness of the night! I made a list the other night of things I kept thinking about and I've been enjoying crossing things off. I think I'll park a notebook and pen on my night stand to continue my list making in the wee hours of the day.
Yesterday, after my post, I showered and headed to Target. I had been wanting to get some new sandals for the spring/summer and a friend had sent me a picture text showing me what they had there so I needed to go see for myself! Of course, you know you can't go to Target and only buy one thing... so 100 bucks later I was checking out. I got my sandals, 2 cds (I haven't bought a cd in ages!) some nail polish and snacks, and k-kups-(sleepy time tea sounded like a good idea).
After putting my bank card through the wringer I decided to get a late lunch at my favorite cafe and head home to watch some TV while I ate. I got sucked into MTV Battle of the Exes. I haven't watched a challenge show in YEARS but it was keeping my mind occupied and it was complete entertainment so I didn't change the channel.
After a decent night of sleep I'm in a better place today. One day at a time, one thing at a time, and all will be good. Hubs and I are coming up with a list of ways that I can feel less overwhelmed and have some great ideas to get me calm and quite before bed time. I'm so thankful for such a wonderful man like him!
I hope you all have had a great weekend! I'm waiting for CD1 to get here... if it doesn't get here on it's own I got on Wednesday for ultrasound and blood work and then I'm sure I'll start the next injection! eeek!
Sounds like a fabulous afternoon, and I'm glad you were able to get some sleep! Hurry up CD1!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are feeling better, this whole ordeal is such a mind game the whole way through, it is easy to not be able to pull your focus away, especially at night! Have you tried melatonin? It is a natural sleep aid, and it really does help to just relax and sleep. I also find it minimizes stress in general. I took it every night before my 3 day exam and I was the most relaxed person there by far! Everybody else would go home and cry and stress after and I'd take a nap! Although retail therapy works too :). I can't wait for you to get this show on the road, come on CD1!!! (haha only the infertiles think this way!!)
ReplyDeleteAh, Melatonin: A godsend! :)
DeleteI am glad you are feeling better! It definitely is a one-day-at-a-time type of process. Unfortunately, for us infertiles, we always have to plan for the future or at least 4-6 weeks in advance! I am wishing you all the best for this new journey and am hoping everything goes smoothly and you get a baby to take home soon! And kudos for the list making, that always helps me stay sane!!
ReplyDeleteToo funny-I myself have a "can't get out of target for less than 100$ theory"; much like the "can't get out of whole foods for less than $70 theory."
ReplyDeleteRetail therapy! Even better...Target therapy! I love that place! Except for the baby area, which makes me a wee bit anxious still. Anywho...so glad you were able to take care of yourself via good eats and TV. Thanks for visiting my blog!
ReplyDeleteI love target! Like you I recently bought 2 CDs that have helped me out tremendously over these past few months, especially the Adele cd...music can be so therapeutic
ReplyDeleteRetail therapy is always a good solution.
ReplyDelete