This week has been just so crazy. I haven't had time to read about what is going on with you ladies on blogs or on twitter. I feel out of the loop. This week I was sick with this annoying head cold which is still not completely gone from my body.
Sunday I was sneezing my face off, which was crazy annoying, but was a clue to me that something was coming because I hardly ever sneeze like that. Monday morning I woke up feeling tired but that is how I typically wake up so I thought nothing of it. By 10 am I felt like a bag of crap.... I contemplated canceling my tutoring session but knew I wouldn't feel like making it up later on in the week so I went. I did, however, cancel my counseling session which I needed so badly to go to, but I was so tired and my head weighed what felt like 100 pounds. I just wanted to go to bed. It was all I could to do stay awake. I got home around 5:20 and plopped right on the couch. I was in bed by 8pm that night. This feeling like crap thing continued into Tuesday and I was in bed and sleeping by 8pm that night as well. Wednesday I felt a bit better but my mom came over for dinner and a movie so there was no way I was going to catch up on things... and here are on Friday. I'm finally on vacation from work (we have a February break here in New England).
I don't think I've written about the fact that I have given myself a few injections, which is a huge deal! I am so worried that I'll faint (I'm a weirdo and faint with weird things) and I know it worries my husband as well, so I never tried to inject myself... I had no choice but to give myself an injection because my husband had to be at work much earlier than my scheduled Lup.ron shot. Since last Saturday I've given myself 3 injections. Today I actually did it standing up, instead of sitting down! Yay!
Last week they told me that I would go in for monitoring either on CD 1 or Wednesday... and Wednesday it was because CD 1 didn't show up until yesterday. I got a call from the nurse telling me to start Gonal.F and do 150 units which is much more than the 37.5 units I had with the IUI. They also wanted me to go down from 10 units to 5 for Lup.ron. I go in tomorrow for blood work and we'll see where we go from there. Right now the estimated date for my ER is March 4 or 5th.
Yesterday I got the worst cramps and back ache, I knew what was coming... AF. She showed up but in a light fashion. I have read that women on Lup.ron get a shorter, lighter period so I was hoping that would be the case for me... well today, I am in still in so much pain with the cramps and back ache and I've had the heaviest flow that I can ever remember. I've had clotting and everything else has been bright red. I've had to use so many tampons and pads for extra protection. It's annoying!
I'm off to get caught up on my blog reading. Happy Weekend Friends!
Happy friday! So excited that you are on the move! And good for you for doing some of your shots! I've been doing my belly ones for a while but last week I had to do some of the progesterone ones (huge intramuscular needles that go in your butt) for the foirst time - ack! Scary! Excited to hear about your first post stim monitoring appointment!!!
ReplyDeleteUgh, I think I got the same cold over the weekend. Now playing catch up with work, which means no fun this weekend. Good job with the shots! And good luck with your cycle!
ReplyDeleteI just got through reading your blog...my husband and I started trying about 6 months after you and we are planning to start our first IUI cycle at the end of next month. We are doing it with the FSH injections...like you I don't know how I am going to ever inject myself!! Good luck with your cycle!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the shots! As a former needle phobic, I know how scary they can be. I did my IUI's on 75 and then 37.5 iu's of Gonal, too. My doctor also started me on 150 and by the end of things I was taking 300 each night. They want a lot more eggs for IVF so you'll take a lot more meds. Hang in there, I know you'll do great!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! IVF definitely has us do things we never imagined or thought we could! The increased dose of stims makes sense since with IUI they don't want too many follicles, but with IVF they aim for a much higher number. It's so exciting that you're starting this huge next step. My fingers are crossed for you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations for starting the stims! I'm rooting for you all the way and hoping for good news very soon!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on giving yourself your shots! I don't know if I could give myself shots if need be. I have passed out getting bloodwork, needles and getting my blood pressure taken. Strange but true. Even stranger? I have 4 tattoos and didn't pass out. I watched the girl do the one on the inside of my wrist and didn't flinch.
ReplyDelete