I've posted a few times about how much I love running and how it clears my mind of work and the IF stuff. Well, I stopped running two months ago because my RE said I needed to gain about 10 pounds. My metabolism is crazy fast and I already eat so frequently that trying to gain 10 pounds and continue running 12-15 miles a week was going to to mean I basically needed to walk around with a feed bag strapped to my face. I wanted to gain the weight . Plus, I felt like everywhere I read online many people said that you should stop running while TTC and switch to something easier on your body... so I moved to yoga, because you know how it is when you've been trying for a long time- you're willing to do just about anything! While I love how relaxing yoga was for me because I was able to practice shutting my mind off, it just isn't the same as a run.
I need to get back to happy and maybe that, in the end, will help me get pregnant...? pfft, I don't know. I do know that my run today was amazing. I was able to run the full 3.2 miles without stopping and I kept a pretty good time. I was only about 20 seconds over my mile pace but I am over the moon happy about that because I was prepping myself to be ready to have to stop and start several times. I feel energized, happy, and ready to get out of this rut.
Of course, I know that I could fall back in a rut at any time. That is how it goes with this IF journey. You have a few good days and a few really sad/bad days. However, if I can have a month and a half where I start to feel like myself again then maybe it will give me the strength I need to move on in this journey.

Good for you! It is really hard changing your life around while going through infertilty. Then I get mad and sit back to think how this stuff didn't effect fertile myrtle s. I know there are good days and bad, but embrace today because you were able to do something you love!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you were able to start running again. I totally know how you feel. Effective 1/1/12 I stoppe running for this cycle. :( I miss it already!
ReplyDeleteGOOD! I am so happy for you. I went through exactly the same thing. I hit a wall and lost who I was. Was the person I had become (anxious, stressed, over-emotional) really the kind of mother I wanted to be?
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing that you recognized the need for a change. You should be proud of yourself.
I hope this helps you clear your head and find your 'happy' again. I'm pulling for you!
Yay for running! I also depend on running to keep me sane and am dreading having to stop for IVF. Very glad that you got to do something good for you today.
ReplyDeleteRun when you feel like it, but don't over do it. As long as you are eating a lot and keeping your runs moderate...you should be okay. You need to keep some things you love.
ReplyDeleteHappiness is so hard to come by on this IF journey. Whatever you can do to hang on to a little bit of it, I say go for it!
ReplyDeleteIt is really hard when you are lost in the land of "IF", but finding yourself is such a special feeling. You gain so much from this painful journey! And I agree - Run if you need... your body will tell you when you've done too much!! Happiness is Key :)
ReplyDeleteyou are my hero. I want to love running, but it is so tough for me to make progress with it. You go girl. Do what makes you happy.
ReplyDelete