I feel hopeful, excited, and happy about where we are going, for the first time, in a long time! Our meeting with our RE yesterday went well. It was kind of rushed, or so it felt because for whatever reason they schedule appointments back to back. Maybe I just wanted more than 45 minutes to really sit and make sure we were making the right decision. I don't know. However, our doctor listened to us, explained things so we could understand it and let us make the final choice and before we knew it we were sitting with a nurse to go over the protocol for an IUI!
Yup, my friends. We'll be starting our first IUI cycle as soon as AF shows up... which should be shortly after Thanksgiving. :-)
I'm nervous, but can't stop smiling because we're moving forward. Now, I do realize that it is not 100% ... nor is it even 50% guaranteed to work, but right now I am pushing that thought to the way back of my mind because I need to be positive. I need to let my yoga, counseling, and acupuncture state of mind take over to carry me through the next month.
I am worried about what the FSH shots will do to me... in terms of my mood. When I was on the pill I was crazy moody! I already told JT that I apologize for anything I will say or do during that week of shots!
Since we are out of pocket I am going to be keeping track of what we spend on a tab up top because I want to make sure that people who don't go through this stupid IF stuff realize that not only is it mentally and emotionally draining but finances play a huge role in it as well.
Exciting!!! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I just did our first IUI cycle. I'm trying to have some hope, without having too much at the same time. Good luck!
ReplyDelete