We had our first ultrasound on Monday and it was just amazing to see the little sac and baby on the screen. You could see the heart pumping so fast and it just put the biggest smile on my face and relief in my heart and mind.
Leading up the ultrasound I had such fear and anxiety. I've been having cramping, which I read, and am told, is normal because your body is growing and stretching and preparing for a growing baby, but of course my mind goes to the worst possible thing. Bottom line is that I need to drink more water. I feel better when I drink more water and I need to just make that my job each day.
Bug (as we've been calling it- because once we find out of it is a girl we'll call her Ladybug and if it's a boy we'll call him Lovebug) was measuring 1 day ahead of where we thought we were, so 7 weeks 3 days which would put us at a delivery date of November 23. It will be interesting to see what happens as time goes on and we have more appointments. The due date is such an estimate so who knows!
We were told we'd graduate to a regular OB around 7 or 8 weeks depending on how things go. I'm still nervous about this and having to think about where we want to deliver is leaving me stumped. Do I stay with my OB who knows what we've been through or switch to someone else just to deliver at a different hospital? So much to think about....
I am so happy that your ultrasound looked great and "bug" is growing!
ReplyDeleteSo happy to note that the baby is growing well. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I love that you had a smile on your face and relief in your heart. What a wonderful place to be after all the struggles.
ReplyDeleteSo exciting to read this! I'm so thrilled for you, your husband and your little Bug! :)
ReplyDeleteyay! first ultrasounds are sooo exciting!! :-)
ReplyDeleteAww, I'm glad you were able to see your little bug growing in there!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! So glad your little Bug is doing well!
ReplyDeleteWonderful... how magical to see you little one and glad that all is going well :)) xoxo
ReplyDeleteAck!! I have no idea how I missed the last few amazing posts!!! Something is wrong with my reader, I've been missing a few people. So thrilled for you guys and your little bug!!!! Congratulations.
ReplyDeleteThat just brought a huge smile to my face. I'm so happy for you guys!
ReplyDelete