As we pause to give thanks on this holiday surrounded by family and friends and great food I know I'll feel a bit empty inside. There is no baby to hold at the dinner table or dress cutely for their first Thanksgiving. There is no announcement coming at the right moment before dinner and after grace. There is just my husband and I surrounded by family. I am ok with that. I mean, I have to be.
Today I'll have a few glasses of wine to lessen the pain just a tad and then I'll focus on enjoying the day. We'll get our baby.... this just isn't the holiday we'll be able to enjoy that news. Maybe Christmas...
Today I am most thankful for love. The love we've received from family and friends and the love my husband I continue to have together and continue grow through this process. It is so filling.
I am also thankful for other IF bloggers and forums and tweeters. Without you all I don't know what I would do! You remind me that we are not alone in this process and that my thoughts and feelings aren't over the top or uncalled for. Thank you all so much! <3
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all stuff your faces!
You've been nominated for the Liebster blog award!
ReplyDeletehttp://acoursetothefinishline.wordpress.com/2011/11/24/thanks-and-thorns/